tattoos

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Today is New Year's Eve. It is always a day of celebration as well as reflection.



Over the years I have learned to be realistic. I don't wait until January 1 to make a New Year's Day resolution - I make resolutions during the year. But I do stop and think pretty hard on New Year's Day about the past year and the year to come.

It is natural to want to become a better person, both physically and mentally. This year one of my biggest goals is to become less judgmental. One of my weaknesses is that I am extremely judgmental - and that can cause you to be less open minded.



I also want to force myself to move out of my comfort zone and do some things I have not done for a long time. I want to become like Jim Carrey and learn to say YES! to new opportunities.



I have spent the last several years living a very quiet life style. I want to break out of that and fly off to Vancouver for a few days in March.



I want to drive to St. Louis and watch a Cardinals game.



I want to go to Chicago and walk through the Chicago Art Institute and see the city.



Tonight Bailey and I will have a quiet evening. I will watch Iowa State play in a bowl game (Go Cyclones!) and just enjoy all the good things I have to be thankful for and think about the fun things that await this coming year.



I hope Bailey remembers I like chocolate cake. Last year he made a Milk-Bone Biscuit case. He liked it better than I did! But I had to admit, it wasn't too bad!

Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger