tattoos

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bass Pro Shop

Recently I had a chance to visit a new store in the Des Moines area. It is called Bass Pro Shops.



I have never been in a store like this. It took outdoor and cabin motif to a brand new level! I laughed when I saw this sign as I walked in the main door. It reminded me of a little sign that used to be in my grandmother's kitchen.



As you step through the doors, this is what you see.



And as you look up, you see this.



I do not shoot animals, except with a camera. But I was quite amazed at the quality of the taxidermy work throughout this massive store. This mountain lion looks much more realistic in person than he does in this photo.



A herd of buffalo was being chased by a pack of wolves.



I could almost hear the sound of the buffalo running as I looked up at this display.



This 1950 pickup truck looks small inside this huge store.



My father had a truck that was the same color as this truck and about the same vintage.



This female cougar seemed to be looking at me. I didn't look her in the eyes -- that's a big no no with a wild animal!



I don't like raccoons very much, but this little fellow sure looked realistic.



These black bears were having fun on this tree.



Another mountain lion. This one seemed oblivious to all the people.



This store has a huge aquarium of fresh water fish, more stuffed animals than you could imagine and, of yes, lots and lots of things you can .... buy!

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger