tattoos

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blizzard

As you may have heard (!) Iowa is in the middle of a blizzard today. When I stepped outside, this is what I saw.



Yes, that's the sun in the upper right hand corner. What a picture cannot reveal is the noise of a blizzard. It is deafening.

I had parked my truck in the driveway close to the road - on the other side of where I can normally expect big snow drifts. I had a hard time just seeing the truck as I walked to the barn.



The wind blew so hard last night (and is still blowing) that snow came through the smallest openings in the barn. In all the years I have lived here I have never seen this - at least not to this extent.



Snow accumulated on everything.



Yesterday afternoon I had pushed hay into Cody's door to close off as much of the little openings as I could.



It seemed to help.



I made sure Zeke Cat was fed and had water.



Later today I will need to start working on the drift in my driveway. It looks like this now - in the morning.



It will only be bigger when the wind stops blowing tonight. I think I will get a chance to play with my tractor and snow blower.

Thanks for stopping by.

PS Despite the difficulties of living in the country, I still love it. Yes, really! I enjoy my garden and I enjoy living in a big, open place that is far from neighbors and people. I am not looking in someone's window or hearing sirens or cars all the time. I'll take this lifestyle any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger