tattoos

Sunday, August 17, 2008

SHALOM BOOK CORNER, TABUAN JAYA

 

The shop!

Shalom. It means ‘Peace’ in Hebrew. There was one bookstore name,  Shalom Book Corner at Jalan Simpang Tiga; opposite The Spring shopping mall before but it had already shut down. I wanted to go there actually so it was quite disappointed for me.  The store was actually selling used imported books. A month ago, I noticed the same store popped out again at Jalan Wan Alwi, next to Healthcare Clinic, Tabuan Jaya. If you know where the Ibraco main office is then you will know this shop. I had an opportunity to pay a visit just to check out some books last Saturday after a hefty early dinner with hubby and Gabby.

 

 Gabby is picking her stuff.

 

I wanted to buy these..but hubby said I can get them anytime!

The friendly ambience of the shop really is giving us a big Shalom or Hello that my little girl rushed in to take a glimpse of nicely decorated shop. The way they décor the shop is so different than other bookstores that I have visited to before, think about The Gilmore Girls or other shops in the States. You will surely love to enter the shop, even though you are unsure whether you want to buy some of their collections by only seeing through the glass. How sweet the plush toys and array of children books that they spread for display, it made me want to explore the shop without thinking how much money I have inside my purse. If God made heaven on earth, this bookstore is a book heaven. 


Don’t talk about the price, it so worthy when you flip through the books. I felt like wanted to sleep inside the shop. My daughter was so attracted to their Disney’s books. She grabbed two of them and hubby also grabbed one. Me? Well, I always go overestimated when I feel overexcited. I took 3, excuse me... 3 quality books that are The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger, New Women’s Dress For Success by John T. Molloy and Life on the Other Side (A Psychic’s Tour of the Afterlife) by Sylvia Browne with Lindsay Harrison. A Psychic book? Nice choices, aren't they? While searching for other books, it came to a shocked when my lil’ Gabby politely asking the owner. “Excuse me, are these for sale?” and pointed to the plush toys. The owner quickly assisted her and told her that all the plush toys are imported so she grabbed the Elmo figurine. I said OK. Hubby just gave her a smile. Yup. My daughter is like that. She never feels unwelcome and always be friendly with strangers, and not forgetting, act maturely.

6 books and an Elmo figurine only cost me for RM59.00. But who cares when it does burn a hole in your pocket as long as it burns for good. 

Cokelatrawkz

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger