tattoos

Friday, August 15, 2008

MY BIG, HEARTY LUNCH BY GREENBENTO

I’ve been blogging about Greenbento, a few of them in the past. From Rice Bento to roasted chicken wings and Spaghetti Bolognaise, this time I would like to comment on the sandwich. As far as I remember, I have ordered the Roasted Beef Sandwich and Crispy Chicken Sandwich that come with Home Made Potato Chips.

Size does matter!

This month, they are introducing bigger size, bigger portion of sandwiches. Varieties are Roasted Beef, Crispy Chicken, Salmon and the all-time favourite, Club Sandwich. For Thursday’s lunch, I ordered Crispy Chicken Sandwich and the side dish, Home Made Potato Salad. Oh yes, they also have this Free Barley Drink Promotion. For those who are ordering via SMS and email, will be given a free Barley drink to quench your thirst during this hot weather.

Gulp gulp!!

I almost jumped off my chair to see how big my sandwich is compared to the one I used to order- whole meal bread. They are offering big burger bun, I mean huge one to sandwich the crispy deep fried chicken that smothered with mayonnaise and some leafy herbs. The bun is crispy and sprinkled with sesame seeds. I guess they toast the bun first to get it crispier and hmmmm…what an indulgence, sensation feeling once your teeth sank to bite them good. Before that I have actually struggled myself to look for my stocks of packeted Chili Sauce and Tomato Ketchup inside my drawer – they are actually the leftovers of my McDonald’s few months ago. I squeezed both of the sauces to give my fat sandwich an extra oooommphhh!!

The crispy potato chips didn’t disappoint me as usual. Ah, the potato salad. Who can resist the combination of soft-boiled diced potatoes, tossed with mayonnaise, diced apple and sprinkles of yellow raisins? The barley drinks was so-so as for me I was kind of less enjoying to chew the barley grains, which were too soft. I even can mash it!! Perhaps, they just over-boiled it.

This sandwich burger is only RM7.50 and for the side order it’s only RM1.50. To get the side order free, I recommend that you order them on Wednesday that is the Sandwich Day! I give this dish, 4 ½ stars.

Cokelatrawkz

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger