tattoos

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Old Reliable

For the past few weeks I have been looking at cars. First I thought I would buy a good used car. I sort of liked this one.



It is a 2006 Nissan Maxima and seemed to have all the bells and whistles.



I liked the interior a lot. When I drove it, it had a really smooth ride. That's important when you are older and have a bad back!



It had a sleek design I liked. Well, I thought I liked. I was most interested in how it felt when I drove it. I also wanted it to have some power.



But it was sold before I could get too serious about it. Someone else must have liked it, too.

Then I looked at new cars. The new Toyota Camry was nice.



It even had a fancy navigation unit in it. I was told by the 20 something salesman that "all" cars have that now -- "don't you know?" Um, no, I didn't know that. I thought it was an option.



Since I drive about 100 miles every day to and from work, I checked out the car everyone seems to love - the Toyota Prius. It is very nice. It also reminds me of a wedge of cheese.



Here's the same car in red. I kept thinking I should have a bottle of wine to go with the cheese slice. Yes, yes.... it gets something like 1,400 miles per gallon. Well, okay, more like 65 mpg. That would be nice. But I could not shake the cheese thing.



The young salesman looked at my car and told me if I bought a new car, I could give my college age daughter my car since "it still has a good 3 or 4 years left in it. Easy. Nice car. Those old Maximas are, well, old reliables! Built like a tank. Good old car!"

I looked at my car again. Hmmm....



If I washed it up. Waxed it. Got some new tires.



I decided to just keep it. Maybe that kid was a better salesman than I thought!

Bailey and I appreciate you stopping by. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger