tattoos

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Abandoned House

I'm not sure why, but for some reason I am attracted to abandoned houses. Some people like old cemeteries. Others like new skyscrapers. Some like antique cars. But, for whatever reason, I like abandoned houses.

Here's one I drove by today.



Though all the windows were broken out, I was surprised it had a pretty good roof. I liked the blue shingles.



I imagined children playing under, around and on this big tree.



There was even this old piece of play equipment in the yard. I remember these on school playgrounds. I don't ever recall seeing one of these in someone's yard.



Even though the windows were gone, there was still some charm in the windows - or lack of them.



Once upon a time this was a big yard. I could almost hear children playing and running and laughing.



Of course, these two windows were part of a bedroom. Once this was a really nice farm house.



I enjoyed the few minutes I spent here. I left with questions but no answers. Life is that way sometimes.

Thanks for stopping by. Bailey and I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger