tattoos

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Little Lake

On Labor Day I was driving near Des Moines. It was a pleasant day, so I decided to drive over to a small lake near the city. I just wanted to walk around and do nothing but enjoy being outdoors.

Here's the spot I found.



It met my requirements. A picnic table to sit at and read my book. Lots of space. A view of the water. And quiet. Very, very quiet.

I could see boats on the water. I particularly liked this little sail boat.



Here. You can see it a bit better in this picture.



Of course I saw lots of little fishing boats moving across the water. On this lake they are not allowed to make a wake.



I saw this little path. I liked the wild flowers and followed it to the water.



I took off my shoes and waded in. The water felt good and cool.



Walking along the shore I noticed this piece of concrete on the edge of the water. I waded over to it. It was a perfect spot to sit and totally secluded.



Looking to the left I saw this view. I liked the tree hanging over the water.



Sitting on this slab of concrete I looked out over the lake. I could see boats of various types. However, I was glad to be where I was. This was just fine.



Looking the other way, the lake looked quiet and peaceful.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have your little quiet place you can retreat to every so often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger