tattoos

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Garden Center

Yesterday was a pleasant Saturday morning. I drove towards Des Moines to take a walking tour of historic homes. However, I ended up pulling into a landscaping company. I was attracted to the place because of this fountain.



I felt like I was in an Italian piazza. I sat down and just listened to the water as it cascaded over the large bowls.



Walking through the grounds I noticed several little accent pieces among the flowers. I liked these little silver bells. They actually sound like a wind chime and made a very soft sound.



This chair reminded me of days gone by.



When I saw this green door I thought of an 1972 movie called Behind the Green Door. I figured the owners probably did not have THAT in mind when they set this out. Sometimes my mind is a bit twisted. I know it is just a whimsical decoration.



Though this is a new building, it was intended to look like an old farm house. I liked that.



Again I heard the sound of water. I thought how nice that would be in my yard. Then I thought about the cost and the work and .... yes, such beautiful grounds take a lot of work. But they sure are nice.



I liked this area a lot. The stone blocks make wonderful places to sit. I seemed to find myself sitting a lot.



Inside I saw this little guy. I could almost hear the music he was playing. I think the clerk thought I was a bit off for taking a picture of this but she was polite. She was probably told it is best to leave "such people" alone...! Heh!



I am sure they carved this beautiful maple leaf just for my Canadian friends! What? It's an OAK leaf? Well, close enough...!!



Oh yes... there's the acorn!



Well, thanks for stopping by. Please know I DO stop by your blogs and enjoy them a great deal. I am not the best one to leave comments but I enjoy seeing your world.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger