tattoos

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

READING JAWI!

نام ساي چوكي.
= Nama saya Coki

One of my most nostalgic primary school's memories was when we were learning Jawi (jim alif wau ya) every Friday. It was compulsory for everyone to learn that during my time. I admit that I was very good, I still remember I scored mostly around 85% - 88% for that paper.

Utusan Melayu (اوتوسن ملايو) for instance is published in Jawi. I managed to grab one that belongs to my office since we're subscribing some of the leading newspapers. Let me check my skills, maybe have to polish it.


The newspaper is called, "UTUSAN MELAYU". Can you see the guy and a woman holding boxes of cookies? Well, it's written there; "USAHAWAN MELAYU GLOKAL". On the left side, as you can see there's SUKMA mascott and in the middle we have, "TSUNAMI API LANDA AUSTRALIA". The last one hmmm... "INDONESIA LUBUK PENDIDIKAN ISLAM".

Pheewwww... I still can read them eventhough I read slower than a walking snail.

:D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger