tattoos

Monday, March 8, 2010

Prague and Budapest

I work at a college. In a few days many of my colleagues and students will be heading off to enjoy spring break. One co-worker is going to Hawaii. Another is going to the United Emirates. Many are going to Florida or Texas.

If I could choose a place to go, I would go to Prague. Yes. You read this right. Prague.



Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic. This map is hard to read. See Germany and Poland? Look down. There it is. (Click on the photo and it will enlarge the picture.)



This city has about 1.7 million people. If this city were in the United States, it would be the 5th largest city behind New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago and Houston. Prague is one of the most historic cities in the world.



If I went there in the spring, I could see tulips like this in front of Wenceslas Square and the National Museum.



Or I could walk across the Charles Bridge -- named after a 14th century king.



As long as I was in Prague, I could take the train to Budapest.



This is another incredible city - over 1.2 million people live in this region (about the size of Dallas or San Diego).



And when I was in Budapest, I would go to the Franz Liszt Academy of Music. This building was built in 1907. It is sort of like Carnegie Hall.



And then I could go inside and sit down in this majestic hall.



And maybe I could watch Mária Kovalszki play one of my favorite piano pieces, Clair de Lune.



Never hurts to dream, does it?

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger