tattoos

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

THE 90'S HITS : REMINISCING MY COLLEGE YEARS, THE BEST YEARS IN MY LIFE

I was sitting at Hijau waiting for customers when this idea came and hit my head.  There were some 'Dangdut' and 'Keroncong' numbers being aired at the moment.  When I looked around, I saw young college kids sipping beers and having great time.  Oh how I envy them!

Then I remembered my college years and songs that we adored.  Doesn't matter whatever the beat or melody is, we had the tendency to record all nice songs in unused cassettes.  Hahaha!!  Yes, cassettes dear. :p Lame ain't it.  OK.  Cut time to cut the craps.  Let me list down the songs that were hits and not forgetting including those so-called one hit wonders.  I have summarized and finally came with these 5 selected hits.




Remember Chumbawamba's Tubthumping??? I get knocked down but I get up again, You're never going to keep me down!! Yay!  Jupiter goers, recall back, this is one of the club hits.


 Will Smith's Gettin' Jiggy Wit It.  Na Na  Na Na Na Na Na !!  Also a hit in Jupiter.  Whenever they had this on, I will surely run to the dance floor.  


The Wonders - That Thing You Do.  OMG!  Whenever we heard the first drum beats, everyone went crazy and screaming and started to dance!  We were so in love with this song and the movie too.


I'll Be Missing You - Puff Daddy and Faith Evans.  A confession to make.  I was able to memorize this song in 1997.  Shoot!  I can rap don't ya bet!


Pearl Jam - Last Kiss.  Eddie Vadder's mellow melancholic rendition of this one really drives us crazy.  A very sad song about an accident and the girl dies.  Before she dies, her beau gives her one last kiss.  Oh where oh where can my baby be, the Lord took her away from me... She goes to heaven and I've gotta be good, so I can see my baby when I leave this world.  *snifff* Tissue please!!

Last but not least, the best number of all taken from the OST of Armageddon.


It's none other than Aerosmith - I DON'T WANT TO MISS A THING!!!!  Oh, this song was played like a kazillion times during 1998 UiTM's carnival. 

Nah!  There you are.  Actually there are more good and popular songs during that era but those five are rated the best in my list.  Another additional information, all those songs are available in my MP3 player and handphone too.  Sorry, I don't keep many new songs like others, these are my jewels and I always cherish them as college years are the best years in my life like what I've mentioned in the entry.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger