tattoos

Thursday, June 4, 2009

GAWAI DAYAK'S EVE


Happy 2nd birthday to my blog. Yay!! And now I have time to update my blog because I feel bloated and so do my fingers. Haha! I only had chance to upload all the pics yesterday. Thanks to my new 'friend' SE G900 for taking such nice pics and I don't have to bring my bulky digital camera along with me. We arrived at Top Spot around 6:45 p.m.



There were seven of us having the biggest feast of the year, as you can see in the pictures. Look can be deceitful. Gabby just had nibbles of sweet and sour fish. OH yes, she loves the Buttered Prawn too. She actually ordered chicken chop for herself. :p



The menu for the night; Mani Chai (Changkuk Manis) with Eggs, Kangkung Belachan, Buttered Prawn, Kerapu 3 Rasa, Sweet and Sour Fish fillets, Oyster Omellette, BBQ Squid with Sambal, Satay, Sea Cucumber Soup, Ambal in Curry sauce and Kung Pao Squid. 11 of them??!! Haha! I can't imagine how full the table was. We even packed the leftovers home.

... Later on, we joined grandma next door for the midnight Gawai blessings and drinkings. I went to sleep after 2:30 a.m after finishing cooking dishes for Gawai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger