tattoos

Thursday, April 23, 2009

REST IN PEACE, PROPERLY FINALLY!


Finally.

Still remember my story about the lonely graveyard that laid by the roadside in Langgar, Kedah? My colleague, Suri alerted me with the story whilst I was in the middle of struggling with paperworks in the office today. Thanks Sue! The latest news today revealed that the exhuming will be done soon and reburial will take place on April 28, 2009 that is on next Tuesday. I was informed by Lieutenant Colonel (Rtd) Robert Rizal Abdullah @ Robert Madang Langi about the unfortunate news - even after scanned 100m radius, his late LKPL Ungkok ak. Jugam's remains couldn't be found.

I'd like to share with you his comments upon mine in his blog early today.


Dear Cokelat,

Thanks for your comments. I wanted a number of times to brief you on the progress of LKpl Ungkok's case but I couldn't go into your blog to make comments.I got the story from Wayne's blog who copied it from your blog.
(Jesus, I can't believe this oh my... so proud to read this line over and over again! GAH!)

Last year, I had my books launched by the CM of Sarawak in Kuching and I took the opportunity to brief him on the case. Later I wrote to Jabatan Hal Ehwal Veteran ATM who took up the case. The British Army couldn't move the grave as they couldn't locate the next-of-kin. There was an attempt to move it by Persatuan Bekas Perajurit, who had located the NOK but no further action was taken.


Anyway to cut the stshort, the reburial will be done on April 28, 2009. I will be there personally. There will be a big group of journalists. So watch out for the paper report. The sad thing is, his remain couldn't be found - even after a special scanning 100m radius (even under the highway.)



Something sad to hear about ain't it? Anyway, my fellow Sarawakians, together we pray for the Late LKPL Ungkok ak. Jugam and all who have perished sacrificing their lives for our country. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger