tattoos

Thursday, January 29, 2009

MY CHINESE 'NIU' YEAR CELEBRATION

NEW YEAR'S EVE
Attended the CNY's eve dinner at Uncle Bernard's house. A must tradition we do every year and this year, the attendees are more than last year's!! Gabby received angpow from her Chinese grand-uncle, too. There is this one particular boy named Sammy, he's Uncle Bernard's nephew actually. I notice that from last year, he seemed to like Gabby and most of the time clinging to her and they spent their times watching the colorful firecrackers in the sky. When we mocked them, they blushed! How cute.... My cousin Letty mocked them by the names of Gabby & Sammy, so rhyming! My girl first crush!

1st DAY OF NEW YEAR - pee pee at airport
Wanted to visit Dr. Oui's house but her house was fully packed so we detoured to Uncle Bernard's house. Perhaps could visit Dr. Oui later, I told myself. From there we moved from house to house till night! OMG!! Haven't visited Dr. Oui and my Uncle Bob yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(( Anyway, the last place we dropped by at was airport because Gabby and I was too stuffed and we needed to pee. (Soalnya udah kebelet banget, WC bandara jadi korbannya..... *LOL* ntar ada yang pipis di celana, amit² ah!) Mission uncomplished (we missed two houses!) at 11:00 p.m.

2nd DAY OF NEW YEAR - Happy Birthday Apai !
27th January, my father celebrated his 58th birthday on this date. HAPPY BIRTHDAY APAI!! I was damn tired and exhausted from the first day celebrating but this is for my dad, I ignored my exhaustion. Ted could only took these 2 pictures (he was malu malu..cehh!) which I find so adorable.

My funny daddy. Showing off his excitement in front of his cake. Baka anembiaklah nuan (so childish), ahhahahaha!!! Check out those cheekbones, like mine and Gabby's aren't they? *wink

I screamed at the back, "Girl, you should use your fingers to feed Aki. Not like that!!" - Gabby is feeding her grandpa in this picture while grandpa is acting goofy with her. Dad is good in clowning himself and I inherit it from him. DUH :p

Apai, this is something from me to you; hope you like it.

I find myself wondering...
Did I give you your due..
For all that you've done for me
Did I ever thank you?

For all of my childhood memories
For helping me deal with life's stresses
For helping me accept my defeats
And celebrate my successes?

Or for teaching me the value of hard work,
Good judgement, courage, and being true
The laughter, smiles, and quiet times we've shared
Did I ever thank you?

If I have forgotten, I'm thanking you now
You taught me right from wrong....
I hope you know how much you're loved and appreciated
I hope you, instinctively, knew it all along


I must attend the office the next day, the third day. What to do then, jobs is priority and boss is going on his long leave till February 8. I went to sleep after 2:00 a.m. with a wide smile. My mission to involve 100% in his birthday preparation was finally accomplished.

OK, don't forget to read my other snippettories, till then, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger