tattoos

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It really just never fails

The saying no good deed goes unpunished, is very true! You would think that by now I would have figured out what mean and ruthless person my mother can be. Truth is I know it and I try to do what I think is the right thing and deal with it but some days it is tougher than others.

Case in point TAXES! I have my mom's taxes done by the same accountant that does my taxes; I do this to give her piece of mind and to rid myself of the burden. Typically, Mom sends me her documents in Feb I send them on to the accountant who then send her taxes to her the end of the month of March.

This year she had heard nothing and when I went to see the accountant this past weekend, I handed her copies of my mom's documents in the hopes of prompting her to get them done. Seems however that she (my accountant) never received the original packet I sent in February so she thought I was handing them to her for the first time, I thought I was just reminding her, a simple miscommunication that went unnoticed till today. So Tuesday I get my taxes in the mail and tell my mom that hers should be in the mail as well. Turns out, they weren't and my mom proceeded to call my accountant asking where they were and was informed they were just handed to her last week. My mom proceeded go off the deep end called me in a fit of rage. I might have well have been catapulted back to the days of being a teenager and getting screamed at for something stupid (stupid in her eyes most of the time). Seems that she thinks this is a disaster and that the world is ending because she does not have her taxes yet, taxes which in all honesty will take about 20 minutes to do.


 

So for the last 2 hours I have listened to my mom accuse me of being a liar, not showing her respect, reminding on how she is not like my deadbeat father and files her taxes and basically telling me what an idiot I am. She has said things like forget I am your mother since you seem to have another mother (reference my mother in law who I saw over the Easter holiday) and "it must be nice to live in your perfect world where nothing goes wrong" She seems to think that having more income than her somehow makes life easy and less complicated, little does she know just have freaking stressful my life is and the reason for her not knowing is because she would have hateful hurtful commentary about it, which would only make it that much more stressful. So I keep it all to myself the good and the bad.

But I am sick of being the doormat whenever she feels the need to blow up and further I am pissed that she then shows her ass to others and then I have to do damage control. In my mind, she has a lot of nerve considering what I do for her. I have paid to have her taxes done for the last 3 to 4 years. Never once has she offered to pay for them, and she was quite content to have my accountant do them. I have tried very hard to be understanding but I finally had it and let her have it right back both barrels. I was tired of being called a liar and irritated I was wasting all this time at work dealing with something so immaterial.

I swear the day is coming when I just simply will not talk to her anymore, sadly my guilt of only having one parent and the fact that she has no one else, gets the better of me and I end up getting hurt all over again.


 

Sorry for the vent, it just burns my ass that at almost 38 years of age I am dealing with crap like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger