tattoos

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Is This Iowa?

In the movie Field of Dreams, a ghostly baseball player who steps out of the corn asks "Is this heaven?" Kevin Costner says "It's Iowa." That is perhaps the all time favorite line of any Iowa-based movie (though people always, always say "No, it's Iowa").

I thought of that when I walked into this new garden center by Des Moines.



Just for the record, these large cacti are not real. But they look real until you get really close.



This flying dragon is not real, either. But here's to you Dr. John! I thought of you right away when I saw this!



What a great face! I could almost hear Peter, Paul and Mary singing Puff, the Magic Dragon.



And, yes, I thought I could hear some music over here. Look at this fellow!



Here's his partner.



Is this Leghorn Foghorn? I think so...



Look at that llama!



And this dog!



Johanna, look! We have palm trees in Iowa, too!! Just like you do in Vancouver!



Okay, so they're made out of metal. Details, details....!



Can you see the dragon in the moat?? Look closely...



Okay. Time to go. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger