tattoos

Monday, July 28, 2008

MY JOURNEY TO SRI AMAN & SARIKEI - PART 1


Now I have time to narrate my experiences visiting the Sri Aman's rural clinics and to Sarikei town.

On Wednesday, we started our journey from Kuching at 7:45 a.m.  My goofy face as you can see here, resembling the Mexican/Mayan/Peruvian Haha!! couldn't wait for the journey's excitement.  Oh yes, I still not, fully recovered from the Sematan's sunburned last week but heck, still have the guts to burn my skin more for another adventures.


The first clinic that we went to was in Pantu, Sri Aman area. I've never been here before so I was quite 'sakai' when we went through the sealed 'kampung' road.

 
As what I mentioned early in my blog, it touched my heart to see the modest life and the calmness of laid back rural lifestyles.
 
This is how the clinic looks like.  Very funny thing happened actually while I was capturing this picture.  There was one attendant staring at our car but he fled off with others when they saw the Director's Office sticker on our car!!  Haha!!  Sorry guys.. I didn't mean to scare you off, but I was astonished by the view of the beauty surrounding your clinic.

The journey then continued to Sri Aman's town.  After checking in the Inn, we went to the stalls to find some snacks.  When we arrived, I smell heaven!!  Hmmm....


There were nice-nice jungle products being sold.  Some Malay kuihs and barbecued stuff.  We picked cold ABC (Air Batu Campur), Donuts, Banana Fritters and my favourite.. Buntut Manok Tunok!!!!BBQ-ed Chicken's tails!!  They came with complimentary sauce made of sweet soy sauce and chillies.  We couldn't find any saucer or small bowls for the sauce so opted for the glass that available in the Inn.  Few minutes later....

Eureka!!  The chicken's tail is goddamn good...

The rest of the evening.  While waiting for dinner time, we watched...

 
My Best Friend's Wedding at HBO.  The movie ended around 7:00 p.m. so we took our baths after that.  Time for dinner so went to hunt for foodie.  Eventhough the Fried Rice was sucks though, the grilled corns really made up everything.  
  
What is so special about this particular corn?
It is baste with margarine and strawberry jam, to get that caramelized taste.  
Went to sleep early that night.  Another long journey is awaiting.



Cokelatrawkz

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger