tattoos

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wet Fall

I have heard about the Grinch who stole Christmas. But who stole fall? Here in Iowa it has rained, rained and rained some more. The weather has been cold and wet and cloudy. We went from a cool summer to some season that is cold and wet -- but definitely not autumn. (Note: All the photos that appear below came from Google Images -- they are not mine! Wish they were, but...!!)



October is my favorite month. It is supposed to be a month of warm, lazy, sunny days where I can take in Mother Nature's spectacular paint show.



Where I can walk across parks and yards that are covered with leaves.



Where I can find some quiet place down by a river or lake and walk along a path for a few miles and never see another person -- only see beautiful leaves.



Or find that big open state park with wide open spaces and picnic tables and grills that are no longer being used -- and I can have them all to myself!!



Or maybe stop and get a few pumpkins -- or better yet, see a large pumpkin patch where an old farmer says "give me $2 and pick out any one you want."



Maybe fall will arrive yet. There is still some time. But for now perhaps it is best to enjoy the leaves in their color as they lay on the ground.



As with life, it cannot be sunny and warm and lazy all the time. Sometimes we need the rain in our lives. But we always can hope for the sunshine to return.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger