tattoos

Friday, July 16, 2010

Cable Free

Yesterday I called DirecTV and told them I no longer wanted satellite TV.

DirecTV (which is a very fine company) lets you do anything online -- pay your bill, change your TV package, etc -- but if you want to discontinue service, you have to call. So I did.



I think satellite TV is great. But I decided it was time to be a bit more frugal and to go back to basics. I can listen to baseball games on the radio and broadcast TV has a variety of programming. Not like satellite but enough.



This is what my HD digital indoor TV antenna looks like. It can pull stations from towers up to 35 miles away. I get ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, PBS and a few other stations.



Last night instead of Larry King, I watched a bit of Magnum P.I. I admit the show is a bit dated but it was okay.



I am hoping this will force me to do some more reading when I am inside. Also, I can watch movies on my DVD player.

Of course the big test will come when college football starts up in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger