tattoos

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Deja Vu

I was driving through a small town recently and thought I saw .... a phone booth.



At first I thought it was probably someone's yard ornament. A novelty from the past. But as I got closer it certainly looked real.



I stopped, got out of my car and walked over to it.



It was most definitely real. I really don't recall the last time I have seen one of these stand alone pay phone booths.



Then I spotted this tiny park.



There was a classic merry-go-round.



A jungle gym -- something you always found on every playground but never see any more. At least, not this type.



The old swing set with high metal frame.



And a once upon a time pretty fancy teeter totter. Which would would I run for? The yellow one or the white one?



Looking down this street I can almost see kids riding their bicycles as they hang on to fishing poles.



Small towns. They still have a heart. And in this little place, I felt like it was 1960 all over again.

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger