tattoos

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fountain Down

We have been having one severe storm after another for the past several days.

A few days ago I stepped out into my yard and saw my Wacky Bird had blown over. I wasn't suprised since he blows over quite often.



But I was shocked when I saw this.



I have lived here for 15 years. Never once has this fountain toppled over. This fountain is made out of solid concrete and is very, very heavy. It is also bigger than it looks in these pictures.

So I started the process of putting it back together again.



My problem was the large bowl at the base of the fountain. It is extremely heavy. There was only one way I would ever get it back up on the pedestal. Time to get my tractor. Fortunately this is a real tractor. A little lawnmower type tractor would never lift this thing.



I could easily lift the concrete bowl with the loader. It was just a matter of getting it positioned in the right spot.



Nice and easy. Take your time.



Yes! Okay!



I was able to put the rest of the fountain together pretty easily once the large bowl was on. I will need to get it balanced - but first I will let the ground settle.



Oh, my Wacky Bird? He's back up and going again.



Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger