tattoos

Sunday, November 7, 2010

New Kittens

Late this summer a new cat showed up in my barn. She was a nice cat and I called her Penney Lane. I could tell Penney Lane was quite pregnant and figured someone may have abandoned her.



It was not long after she had kittens. But I could not find them. I heard them every so often but Penney Lane would move them if she thought I was getting close. After a while I never heard the kittens and figured they had died. I thought the little young mother cat probably just did not know what to do.

But I was wrong. One day about two weeks ago I saw this kitten looking back at me.



And then I saw this one.



And then a third one.



Penney Lane cat turned out to be an excellent mother. But I thought it would be good to get them some food just to make sure.



They liked it. The kittens were big enough to eat. In fact, they really seemed to enjoy the meal.



But Penney Lane figured her kittens need to know how to hunt and survive on their own. She brought in a mouse and they all ate it. Then she brought in a bird and they ate that.

Then she brought in a .... squirrel. And they ate that!




So now I am working to make sure the barn will stay as warm as possible when the cold weather arrives. And as I work away I enjoy watching kittens being kittens.



Each one has its own personality. The black and white one is by far the most playful. He likes jumping on this rope and swinging back and forth.



Or batting his mother's tail.



Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger