tattoos

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Today I was in Walgreens buying generic ibuprohen and I saw a package of chocolate I have always liked -- but never buy because I think it is too expensive. But today, for some unknown reason, I bought the chocolate (and the ibuprohen, too).



That got me thinking. There are a lot of things I like but rarely buy. I love the New York Times but rarely get it. Still, I like reading a REAL newspaper. As in spreading it out on the kitchen table or reading it in my office. I don't like reading papers on a computer monitor.



As a child I always loved buying comic books. They really were only 12 cents in those days. Today I own one Jetsons comic book which I have displayed on a shelf. I might go on eBay and buy another one - or three.



Every spring I buy a couple of magazines that deal with the upcoming baseball season. And every fall I buy a few magazines that give a preview of college football.



The next time I am in a grocery store or a convenience store, I just might splurge and buy one of these.



You only live once. If you do things in moderation, it is nice to make life a bit more fun with ... something fun.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger